L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon NYC

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/09/dining/09robuchon.html

Another reason why NYC is awesome...
After much anticipation, Chef Robuchon is about to open his first restaurant in the Big Apple.
I had the distinct honor of meeting Joel Robuchon last year at an after party celebrating D'Artagnan's 20th Anniversary. Joel Robuchon and Guy Savoy were coincidentally visiting manhattan that day and the guys at Le Bernardin hosted a little soiree, Luckily I tagged along with the right group.
Totally laid back and shaking hands with everybody, Mr. Robuchon was chatting away with press and really attractive Manhattan food groupies. I watched as he explained his cuisine and you could tell he knew he was "Bad Ass". Nobody questions Joel Robuchon about food. And especially about French food.

I look forward to dining at his new eatery.
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon is actually where I proposed to my wife last year in Japan.
So along with my total professional respect for Chef Robuchon as a world class chef, it is also a bit sentimental for my wife and I. We now are able to visit L'Atelier without flying to Tokyo or Paris. It's great.

The Tokyo branch was magnificent... I hope they will serve his signature Foie Gras stuffed Pigeon in Cabbage here in New York. This dish, ladies and gentlemen can draw tears of joy.

Comments

Unaverage Joe said…
I have never seen "Foie Gras" so many times in a blog. No more! =]

Popular posts from this blog

Don't they look alike?

taipei 101

Steaks !!! Yeahhhhh !!!