Winter Stew in the Summer



Dabbling a bit today with some ox tail and chuck shortribs, I thought I would make a stew. With the help of Meidi-Ya's Demiglace Sauce, I just had to brown the meat, add the onions, carrots, garlic, and celeriac into the pot and hit it with a half a bottle of port wine. I added the demi glace and 2 more cups of water. Brought it to a boil and threw it in the oven at 275 for 3 hours.
No hastle, low and slow cooking rules. All the flavors should meld over night. I will take out the pieces of meat and puree the rest and pass it through a sieve... reduce a bit more and add some herbs into the final sauce before plating.
To serve, I'm thinking individual clay bowls, place meat and laddle sauce over, put under a salamander or broiler and serve with a baguette and a glass of bordeaux.
Kind of a winter dish, but hey, I don't mind, and if you want to get technical, it's winter in Australia right?
Comments