Cooking with Suga
I had the pleasure the other day of watching Chef Yosuke Suga of L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon cook on my kitchen stage.
It was the 2007 New York Mutual Trading Restaurant and Food Show and we invited a few chefs to come down, and cook using our Artisan Japanese Ingredients.
It was so much fun to see professionals doing their thing.
Chef Suga just happens to be the most amazing Chef I've ever seen. His technique and movements in the kitchen are perfect. No wasted movements and everything he does is perfect.
For instance, he quennelled some freshly made ice cream using just one spoon and 2 brisk scooping motions.
My eyes almost popped out in amazement. It was perfectly shaped and pretty awesome to watch up close.
Here is a dish he created a few months ago and got his mentor Joel Robuchon excited...
Le foie gras fumé en duo d’anguille caramélisée aux saveurs orientales
It's pretty cool to get a pat on the back by a culinary legend... But according to Chef Suga, it was more like, "Hmm, you can put this on the menu."
Did I mention the meal I had August 3rd of this year is still the best meal I've ever had...?
Menu and post that night
It was the 2007 New York Mutual Trading Restaurant and Food Show and we invited a few chefs to come down, and cook using our Artisan Japanese Ingredients.
It was so much fun to see professionals doing their thing.
Chef Suga just happens to be the most amazing Chef I've ever seen. His technique and movements in the kitchen are perfect. No wasted movements and everything he does is perfect.
For instance, he quennelled some freshly made ice cream using just one spoon and 2 brisk scooping motions.
My eyes almost popped out in amazement. It was perfectly shaped and pretty awesome to watch up close.
Here is a dish he created a few months ago and got his mentor Joel Robuchon excited...
Le foie gras fumé en duo d’anguille caramélisée aux saveurs orientales
It's pretty cool to get a pat on the back by a culinary legend... But according to Chef Suga, it was more like, "Hmm, you can put this on the menu."
Did I mention the meal I had August 3rd of this year is still the best meal I've ever had...?
Menu and post that night
Comments