Venue Shopping
Looking for the right venue for a wedding is tough business. Last night, J and I met up with some friends and had a great meal at Mr. K's (Lexington & 51st). Scroll down for the list of dishes. It was a great meal and we were quite content with the quality of the food. But the way the restuarant was set up wasn't to our needs and that unfortunately ruled out our plans for a reception there.
Later that evening, we went for drinks at the Four Seasons Hotel. The bar/lounge is a swank, high ceiling joint where the bon vie vant sit and chat with others of their kind. Nice decor for sure, but not the type of establishment for you or I. Definately snooty, pretentious and ugly. Plus, did you know at around midnight, you can find women of the night working their sales pitch on wealthy lonely men there? Who would have thunk the Four Seasons would be that kind of stomping ground.
So saturday was kind of a bust in terms of finding our spot.
Well, we woke up this morning and were energized to find a new place.
I have always wanted to try Bouley. For those of you who don't know who David Bouley is. He is the only chef in NYC to have ever been awarded a 29 for food on the Zagat Survey Guide.
He is truly one of the greatest chefs in the country and we were excited.
I was looking forward to this meal all day. I felt like a little kid on christmas eve. The anticipation was too great.
Look bellow for the list of items we had.
I have to hand it to the chef. This was one of the best meals I've ever had. And that's including meals where I was using my D'Artagnan connections.
I can't wait to go back, but more importantly, Bouley is now on the short list of places for the reception. Great job kitchen!!!
Later that evening, we went for drinks at the Four Seasons Hotel. The bar/lounge is a swank, high ceiling joint where the bon vie vant sit and chat with others of their kind. Nice decor for sure, but not the type of establishment for you or I. Definately snooty, pretentious and ugly. Plus, did you know at around midnight, you can find women of the night working their sales pitch on wealthy lonely men there? Who would have thunk the Four Seasons would be that kind of stomping ground.
So saturday was kind of a bust in terms of finding our spot.
Well, we woke up this morning and were energized to find a new place.
I have always wanted to try Bouley. For those of you who don't know who David Bouley is. He is the only chef in NYC to have ever been awarded a 29 for food on the Zagat Survey Guide.
He is truly one of the greatest chefs in the country and we were excited.
I was looking forward to this meal all day. I felt like a little kid on christmas eve. The anticipation was too great.
Look bellow for the list of items we had.
I have to hand it to the chef. This was one of the best meals I've ever had. And that's including meals where I was using my D'Artagnan connections.
I can't wait to go back, but more importantly, Bouley is now on the short list of places for the reception. Great job kitchen!!!
Comments